Considered one of the all-time greatest late model drivers in the Virginias and Carolinas, Denny Hamlin is a bona fide superstar in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. The 2006 Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year became the first rookie to ever qualify for the NASCAR Playoffs and has qualified for the Playoffs in 13 of his 14 full seasons racing in NASCAR's most elite level. The longest-tenured driver at Joe Gibbs Racing, Hamlin first piloted his No. 11 FedEx-sponsored car to victory in the 2006 Budweiser Shootout at Daytona and amassed two wins during his rookie season and continues to be a race win contender at every stop on the NASCAR Cup Series. In fact, Denny recorded a season-high eight race wins in 2010 to nearly capture the 2010 series title. His major race accomplishments include winning the sport's most prestigious race twice - the Daytona 500 - in 2016 and 2019. He also won the 2015 NASCAR All-Star Race. Denny is highly regarded by his peers and the media, who consider him a top contender each year to win the NASCAR Cup Series championship.
Born November 18, 1980 in Tampa, Fla...raised in Chesterfield, Virginia and resides in Lake Norman area near Charlotte, NC...enjoys spending time with his two young daughters and friends while following Washington Redskins (NFL), Virginia Tech football (NCAA), and Charlotte Hornets (NBA)...hobbies include golf, basketball, boating, traveling, skiing, playing cards and raising awareness for Cystic Fibrosis research through the Denny Hamlin Foundation.
- 2019 NASCAR Cup Series Championship 4 finalist
- Two-time Daytona 500 Champion (2016, 2019)
- 13-Time NASCAR Playoffs Qualifier (2006-2012, 2014-2019)
- 2015 Sprint All-Star Race Winner
- 2014 NASCAR Chase for Sprint Cup Championship Round contender
- 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Championship Runner-Up with 8 wins
- 37 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Victories (career-high 8 wins in 2010)
- 33 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series poles
- 2014 & 2008 Budweiser Duel at Daytona winner
- First rookie in NASCAR history to qualify for Chase
- 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year
- 2006 Budweiser Shootout winner as Rookie
- 17 career NASCAR Xfinity Series victories and 21 Xfinity Series Poles